Posted on 10th Oct 2017 15323 views
Run your ISO8583 simulator from neaPay in 3 steps
Start server; > Start client; > Run Transaction; > Check results
It is assumed your simulator has the following setup on disk:
C:/neaPaySimulator/jre1.8 (this is optional, only if your system JRE is not Java 8)
Running transactions with the neaPay ISO8583 simulator is easy:
1. Go to the deployment folder where you have unpacked your simulator and make sure you have "simulator_ISSUER_ISO8583_host_auth_PRO" and "simulator_ACQUIRER_ISO8583_client_PRO" next to each.
If you have another system JRE, then the jre1.8 folder folder must be next to them to execute.
2. Go into folder "simulator_ISSUER_ISO8583_host_auth_PRO" and run start_neaPay_Win.bat or start_neaPay_Win_jre8.bat (if you jave jre1.8 in a the optional folder above).
For MAC and Linux use start_neaPay.sh. A new window called ISO8583 Server Issuer will start.
3. Press the Start button at the top left of the simulator (Green Play button) and wait until the Console shows a message ISS: Issuer starting, TCP Server starting. Your Issuer simulator has started.
4. Go into folder "simulator_ACQUIRER_ISO8583_client_PRO" and run start_neaPay_Win.bat or start_neaPay_Win_jre8.bat (if you jave jre1.8 in a the optional folder above).
For MAC and Linux use start_neaPay.sh. A new window called ISO8583 Client will start.
5. Press the Start button at the top left and check the Console messages about a successful connection to the server
SYS: Client listener started on port:9000
Check that the "Transactions List" window has opened.
6. Check the Issuer (Server) simulator that it has accepted the connection
"Server socket accepted on port 9000"
7. Select a transaction from Acquirer simulator Transactions List and click the Send button.
8. Check the Acquirer Console that an ISO8583 message has been built and sent to the server.
Enable traces if you encounter issues: https://neapay.com/post/enable-traces-iso8583-simulator_25.html
9. Check the Issuer that it has parsed the message successfully and built a response.
10. Check the Acquirer that it has received the response.
11. Check the Acquirer test case results:
ACQ: ************************** TEST PASS **************************
ACQ: RC Received:00 RC Expected:00
ACQ: Tests Executed:1
ACQ: Tests Passed :1
ACQ: Tests Failed :0
Congratulations! You have successfully simulated your first transaction!
neapay iso8583 simulator demo in under a minute (video)
Check the more detailed demo video below with the new version 2020/2021:
Also the Video of the olde version before 2020
ISO8583 Message Types for Transaction Processing
Run the neaPay ISO8583 simulator
Log Files in BASE24 classic
Cards and Banks Training
BASE24 documentation to read
BASE24 classic interview questions
BASE24 classic vs BASE24-eps
EMV explained for programmers
BASE24 classic screens examples explained
Enabling traces in the payments simulator
BASE24-eps interview questions
PCI compliant with neapay switch
First steps with BASE24 Classic
Java version for neapay products
Ready to start your next project with us? Give us a call or send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible!