Posted on 9th Nov 2017 2182 views
When you need to customize your own test case, you need to follow some simple steps all the time.
In order to obtain this, you need to alter test data in Excel, save your new test data, export for the simulator, restart simulator with new test cases.
Changing test cases with the neaPay ISO8583 simulator is really easy because you just need to work with Excel.
1. Go to the deployment folder, for example C:/neaPaySimulator
2. Go inside the Acquirer instance(for example neapay_ACQ_client)
3. Go inside folder test_data (E.g. C:/neaPaySimulator/neapay_ACQ_client).
4. Open spreadsheet ISO8583_TestCases_v3.1.xlsm.
Warning: It is advised to NEVER edit the CSV files.
5. Go to sheet ISO8583_Acquirer to edit Acquirer test cases (These are messages that the simulator builds)
We will refer to this as the Acquirer Sheet from now on.
6. Update the columns to the corresponding fields. For example, Amount in Filed 4 (DE04) on column R.
7. The simulator can populate the fields with values, if values are inserted
There are some standard values that you may want to remember:
**SYSTEM** means that the simulator will use script logic to build that field. In brief, it will be populated by the system
**NOVALUE** means that the simulator will not use any value to build that field, and will not include it in the message.
**CARDFILE** means that the simulator will use the Cards Sheet any to build that field, and will look up the card set for that transaction
**TERMFILE** means that the simulator will use the Terminals Sheet any to build that field, and will look up the Terminal set for that transaction
12345 - if a value is set, that value will be loaded in the message. If the value is longer than defined, the simulator will trim it; if it is shorter, the simulator will pad it as defined.
9. Edit column AW (DE 35) and change it from **SYSTEM** to a value of "12345678910"
10. Press the "Save Test Data CSV" button inside the sheet, next to the neaPay logo. It will ask you about saving the excel file and exporting a .csv. Answer Yes.
Warning: It is advised to NEVER edit the CSV files. This button will generate the CSV files
11. Close the Excel file (optional).
12. Close the Acquirer simulator. The server can keep running.
13. Open and Start again the Acquirer simulator, check that it has connected.
14. When the Transactions List window opens, check that your new transaction is available in the list.
15. Select your configured transaction and click the Send button.
16. Check the Acquirer Console for the text Test case: and check that after that, the field 35 has the value you wrote above.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured your own test case!
Run the neaPay ISO8583 simulator 9247 views
Log Files in BASE24 classic 3663 views
BASE24 classic interview questions 3268 views
BASE24 documentation to read 3226 views
BASE24 classic vs BASE24-eps 3216 views
BASE24 classic screens examples explained 2521 views
Enabling traces in the payments simulator 2185 views
EMV explained for programmers 2182 views
BASE24-eps interview questions 2119 views
Cards and Banks Training 1996 views
Working with Base24-eps vs BASE24 Classic 1227 views
BASE24 classic routing in IDF 1096 views
First steps with BASE24 Classic 923 views
Ready to start your next project with us? Give us a call or send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible!