Posted on 29th May 2013 2903 views
You have successfully run demo transactions, it is time to make your own test cases.
In order to obtain this, you need to alter test data in Excel, save your new test data, export for the simulator, restart simulator with new test cases.
Altering or creating test cases with the neaPay ISO8583 simulator is really easy. You will just edit an excel file. See below how.
1. Go to the deployment folder, go inside the Acquirer instance(ACQ_client), and then inside folder test_data (E.g. C:/neaPaySimulator/ACQ_client).
3. Open spreadsheet ISO8583_TestCases_v3.1.xlsm.
3. Go to sheet ISO8583_Acquirer. We will refer to this as the Acquirer Sheet from now on.
4. Copy a line (select line, Ctrl c) and insert it below (Ctrl +). You now have two identical lines. We will change the second one.
5. Edit column NR and change it to a number that is not already present in the other values on column NR. The pair Scenario+NR must be unique, this is how the simulator picks the transactions.
6. Edit Column Description and append or replace it with some text of your choosing (e.g Custom Transaction).
7. Press the Save button inside the sheet, next to the neaPay logo. It will ask you about saving the excel file and exporting a .csv . Answer Yes.
8. Close the Excel file (optional).
9. Close the Acquirer simulator. The server can keep running.
10. Open and Start again the Acquirer simulator, check that it has connected.
11. When the Transactions List window opens, check that your new transaction is available in the list.
12. Select your configured transaction and click the Send button.
13. Check the Acquirer Console for the text Test case: and check that after that, the description you entered earlier is present.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured your first transaction!
Thank you for following this article! Please leave us a note below if something is wrong or unclear, we will review and change it asap!
Ready to start your next project with us? Give us a call or send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible!